GOOG Stock News
- Roe v. Wade: Google Makes a Major Decision to Protect Privacy 07/02/2022 04:48 PMConsumers who use mapping apps such as Google ( ) will regain some privacy since the company said it will delete location histories for certain locations such as abortion clinics and domestic violence shelters. On Friday, the internet behemoth said some of the locations that people go to will be eliminated in the "coming weeks," Jen Fitzpatrick, a senior vice president of Core wrote in a blog post on July 1. The company responded to consumers who sought to have the amount of information collected on them limited as several states said they would conduct abortion investigations and prosecutions.
- Trump social media firm subpoenaed by federal grand jury, securities regulators 07/02/2022 03:51 PMDonald Trump's social media company and some of its employees received subpoenas from both a federal grand jury and securities regulators, according to a public disclosure Friday, possibly delaying or even killing a deal promising a cash infusion needed to take on Twitter.
- 3 Top Tech Stocks Under $20 Per Share 07/02/2022 12:45 PMSnap is one of the largest and best-known technology companies with a stock price under $20. The company operates Snapchat, a camera application that allows users to capture and share images and video. Snapchat caters to a young demographic, and the company boasts that most young people in developed economies know and use Snapchat frequently.
- Google Will Auto-Delete Records About User Visits to Abortion Clinics After Supreme Court Nullifies Roe v. Wade 07/02/2022 12:32 PMGoogle is taking a new step to protect user privacy in the wake of the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. The internet giant will automatically delete location entries from users’ accounts shortly after they visit “particularly personal” medical facilities, including abortion clinics, Google senior VP Jen Fitzpatrick wrote in a blog post […]
- More Americans Are Using Digital Wallets Than Ever. Which One Should You Choose Right Now? 07/02/2022 10:32 AMSince the start of COVID-19, the use of digital wallets has skyrocketed in popularity. In fact, 75% of respondents in the survey said they have used a mobile wallet in the past year. The use of digital wallets has continued to grow in acceptance worldwide.
- How Many of Your Stocks Are Based in California? (And Is That a Bad Thing?) 07/02/2022 10:30 AMIf your portfolio is tech heavy, you might be shocked by how many of your stocks are based in one state.